Minda Dentler is the only female handcyclist to complete three Ironman Triathlons. The polio survivor recently returned to her native India to draw attention to continued immunization efforts in the country, which hasn’t had a new case since 2014. Now a Rotary polio ambassador, Dentler shares her story with The Rotarian.
Every day, 8,000 people die of waterborne disease. A group of Rotary members is committed to reducing the number of these deaths by providing clean water, and they’ve found a fun way to do it. Beers Rotarians Enjoy Worldwide (BREW) is a fellowship devoted to a love of beer and brewing. The fellowship helps clubs plan events around the world to raise money for global water, sanitation, and hygiene efforts.
A ShelterBox response team is working with Rotary club members in Italy to provide shelter and supplies to those affected by the magnitude 6.2 earthquake that leveled towns in the central region of the country Wednesday.
August is Membership and New Club Development Month, and it’s an exciting time for the entire family of Rotary! New changes to develop increased club flexibility and membership help you engage with Rotary in new ways. Now is the perfect time to connect with club members, develop a strategy to attract new members, and share how you activate Rotary’s programs for young leaders to engage the community.
- Discover how mentorship gives you even more reasons to love Rotary.
- Learn how Rotary and Rotaract clubs are embracing change to strengthen their clubs.
- Activate RYLA participants through service and leadership opportunities that keep them connected to your club.
- Show your entire social network that you are a proud member of Rotary,Rotaract, or Interact.
- Read how a New Generations Service Exchange to Brazil inspired “Dr. Bowtie” to become a leader in his club and community.
- Join the conversation in our Membership Best Practices Discussion Group!
Samuel Frobisher Owori, of the Rotary Club of Kampala, Uganda, is the choice of the nominating committee to be the president of Rotary International in 2018-19. He will be declared the president-nominee on 1 October if no challenging candidates have been suggested.